Please check out this eye-opening article about child poverty in our City.
Breakfast with Santa 2016 was a great success.
On Sunday, December 11, 2016 over 160 people joined Kathleen and her group of awesome volunteers for a morning of great food, lots of crafts, gifts and pictures with the big man in red…..Santa.
It was such a great event that we can’t wait until next year.
A special thank you to ‘Volunteer with Kat’ for making this event so special!
This Fall of 2016 five boys from the Boys & Girls Club of East Scarborough participated in the CHILL Toronto Skateboard program. This youth development program revolves around a six-week curriculum that uses skateboarding to teach life skills and increase self-esteem in participants. There were six weekly themes: patience, persistence, responsibility, courage, respect, and pride. Each of these themes provided a framework for learning and personal growth for participants.
Over the past six weeks the boys were able to learn how to skateboard in a fun, engaging, and safe environment at SkateLoft. Thanks to the Roarockit Skateboard the boys were also given the opportunity to build and design their own skateboard, which they were able to take home at the end of the program.
We would like to send our sincere gratitude to CHILL Toronto for providing our youth with this amazing opportunity and we are looking forward to participating in the CHILL Snowboard program in the Winter of 2016.
Join us on Sunday, December 11, 2016 for our 5th annual
Breakfast with Santa hosted by Volunteer with Kat
There will be a pancake breakfast, activities and music and of course the big guy in red. Parents feel free to bring a camera to take your special picture with Santa Claus!
This event is free but we are asking for donations of to support our Magic of Snowflakes Campaign. We will be accepting non-perishable food items or new unwrapped toys.
Registrations opens for members on Monday, November 28th and for non-members on Friday, December 2nd.
Space is limited so register early to avoid disappointment.
Date: Sunday, December 11, 2016
Location: 100 Galloway Road.
Registration for this event is mandatory.
The Ontario government is looking for feedback from stakeholders and most importantly parents/caregivers, on your ideas about how they can help improve early years and child care in Ontario. The feedback will help them understand what is important to the community when it come to the early years and the child care system.
To give your feedback, click here to access the survey. The closing date for the survey is January 15, 2017
The NAVA CUP Golf tournament is held each year in support of providing laptops to children & youth at the Boys & Girls Club of East Scarborough.
Each child in our program is given the opportunity to use their creativity to answer a special question.
It could be in the form of an essay, a video, a song, or other interesting forms of expression.
This year the NAVA Cup question is in honour of our 60th anniversary. “What do I love about the Club?”
All entries are due by Thursday, October 20, 2016.
Please contact your program staff for more information or email email@example.com
Each year the Boys & Girls Club of East Scarborough works with the community to help families during the holiday season.
The Christmas Help Program 2016 will work as follows:
Families that have a membership to the Club will be able to register for holiday help beginning October 5, 2016. Non-members will be able to register beginning October 25, 2016.
All registrations will end on November 14, 2016.
Families will log on to www.esbgc.org and click register for programs. (you must have an account to register for the program)
Once there you will have three (3) options to choose from:
- Sponsored family (Christmas Hamper Program) – the Club will match you to a donor who will provide both food and gifts for children (max $50 per child; children 16 and under). Donors for this program are limited and it is not guaranteed you will be sponsored. Any family that is not get sponsored will be moved to toys only and receive a gift for their child.
- Toys only (CP24CHUM Christmas Wish Fund) – any child 16 years and under in your immediate family will receive a toy/gift.
- Food only- family will receive food items for the holidays.
If you choose to be a Sponsored Family or Toys Only there is an additional form that you will need to print, fill out and return to the Club (100 Galloway Road). If you do not have access to a printer please come in to the Club and we will have a hard copy to give you. (All families must register on-line before you fill out the additional forms- we will not accept forms without online registration.)
Sign up ASAP!
The ROOTS Program is open for the fall. The program is currently open to students in grades 2-5, who require academic assistance. Program starts October 15, 2016 to June 17, 2017 (excluding holidays) Registration is limited.
Our two instructors, Katrina and Edwin, are members of the Ontario College of Teachers and have completed their teachers’ college programs. Inquiries can be directed to Howard Moriah, (416) 281-0262 X.218 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This holiday season help make a family happy by supporting the
Magic of Snowflakes Holiday Campaign 2016
There are so many ways that you can be involved
Holiday Box -Giving Families the “little extras” This holiday season we would like to provide families with the little extras that they need for day to day living.
- Your donation of $5 will fill a box with the every day essentials that a family could use
- You could fill a shoebox with all the essentials families could use and drop it off to 100 Galloway Road by Monday, December19,2016. To register and receive a list of acceptable items please email email@example.com – subject; Holiday Box
Sponsor a Family-If you would like to sponsor a family and provide the whole holiday package it is easy to do.
- We will assign a family to you with ages/gender & interests of the children
- Purchase food or a grocery gift card for the families and a gift for the child(ren)
- Drop off to 100 Galloway Road by Monday, December 19, 2016
Recommended costs up to $125 for food and minimum $25 /child gift . To sponsor a family e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org – subject ;Sponsor a Family
Food Drive- You can run a food drive and collect non-perishable food items that a family can use during the holidays.
- We will sort and distribute all food collected for families that are in need of support.
- All donations should be delivered to 100 Galloway Road no later than Monday, December 19, 2016
To register your food drive and for a list of acceptable food items email email@example.com – subject; Food Drive
Turkey Drive-The main dish of any holiday meal can be the most expensive part.Help us ensure that a family can have a turkey or a ham for the holiday.
- Drop off a frozen turkey or cottage ham to 100 Galloway Road on Monday, December 19th OR Tuesday, December 22nd between 10am-4pm(Turkeys – up to $15, Ham – up to $10)
- Donate $15 (Cash or Grocery Store Gift Card), to be delivered to 100 Galloway Road by December 19, 2016
To register your turkey/ham drive – e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org – subject; Turkey Drive
Toy Drive- Each year we provide hundreds of children with a toy and stocking stuffers to receive on Christmas morning.
- Host a toy drive and donate to the Club!
- Toy Drive Focus– birth-10 years old (toy) or 11-16 years (Gift Cards are a good alternative)
- Drop off the unwrapped toys/stocking stuffers by Monday, December 19, 2016 at 100 Galloway Road To register your toy drive – e-mail email@example.com – subject; Toy Drive
If you have any question please email info@esbgc
2016 UNITED WAY CAMPAIGN
Make Change with Change
Make an impact in your community by donating your spare change at the Club. There is a donation container on the reception counter. September 27, 2016-November 18, 2016
CN Tower Climb
Have you ever wanted to climb the 1776 steps of the CN Tower? Well join team ESBGC today! (all climbers must raise a minimum of $100 to do the climb.
Not quite ready for the Climb, well donate to one of our climbers today!
Remember, every donation gets us one step closer to our goal!
Make your own Sundae
We are going to support the climbers reach their goal (and have a sweet treat while we are at it!)
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 we will have a make your own sundae bar set up. You can make a great Sundae for $3 and all proceeds will go directly to Team ESBGC!
Popcorn lovers we are back again!
We are once again selling snack size Kernels Popcorn for only $2 a bag. There are plenty of flavours to choose from.
Order forms will be available October 17-21. Please get one from your program staff, the front desk or here. All forms and money should be handed in to your program staff or the Club reception by Monday, October 24.
We have an expected delivery date of November 11, 2016!
Books & More Sale
Come out and pick up a book or two or some other little treasures!
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 10AM-12PM & 4PM-6PM
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 10AM-12PM & 2:30PM-6PM
100 Galloway Road- Blue Jays Community Clubhouse
Thank you for ‘Building Futures’ with your support of our campaign!