This month we have been working hard to learn all the proper dinner edict to host our own Christmas dinner for the staff in December. We want the staff to feel like they are eating at a five star restaurant and make everything perfect. We have started making breads and salad dressings, we also learned how to set the table. As we continue we hope to learn to make soups, a main course, and desert for our four course meal. Each week three people are picked to be the head chefs, they are in charge of keeping their group on task, reading the recipe, and giving everyone in the group a task.
Interested in our wide variety of youth programs? Check out our redesigned Youth & Community Outreach Services page to learn all about the programs we offer: creative arts, leadership, sports, empowerment, and much more.
Anna, Faith, Alyssa, Emmanuella, Zachary, and Trinity (10-13 program) all came up with the following wonderful recipe that they wanted to share with the community.
- 4 apples
- 4 blocks of ice
- Cookies and cream ice cream (3 scoops; substitute any kind of ice cream, or yogurt for a healthy alternative)
- Milk (1 cup)
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- First cut 4 apples. Also peel them and remove the core
- Then break the ice into blocks of 4
- Then put the ice and ice cream in the blender
- Then put the apples in
- Then put 1 cup of milk into the blender
- Blend the ingredients for two minutes on high and add cinnamon if you want to.
- DRINK AND ENJOY!