After School Program Lead Staff (Part – Time)
The Boys & Girls Club of East Scarborough is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual who is committed to the principles and practices of the Boys & Girls Club. We are currently recruiting for a highly skilled and dynamic individual to join our team of multi-disciplinary staff with a real opportunity to make a difference in the community.
Reporting to: Manager, Children & Early Teens Services
The successful candidate requires a good understanding of working with children and youth of ages between 6 – 14 years, with a desire to foster their growth and development. The Candidate will be responsible for the supervision of children in the program and ensuring their safety; managing behavioral issues and group conflicts between the children; Organize and lead small group games and physical activities for the children. The candidate will be required to assist Program staff in the preparation and facilitation of programs/activities and provide assistance in the upkeep of program areas. Develop professional relationship with co-workers, participants, parents & school staff and provide homework assistance for children. The candidates are expected to complete administrative duties (i.e. weekly orders, reports, etc.) and ensure timely submission of Staff hours for payroll processing. The candidate will be responsible for collection of program fees and maintaining program attendance records in ACTIVE net system. Document, and report all incidents involving staff, volunteer’s/placement students or participants immediately to Supervisor and Manager.
Successful Candidates will have:
• Is a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators or Ontario College of Teachers
• Diploma or degree in any of related field (child and youth care, recreation and leisure services, social work, psychology, sociology, kinesiology)
• Experience working with children aged 6-12 years old.
• Valid G driver license and accessible to a vehicle an asset
• Proficient in MS Office (i.e. word, excel, power point, outlook, etc.)
• Individuals who are enthusiastic, energetic with creative program planning skills.
• Ability to creatively plan, facilitate and instruct participants in a specialty program.
• Self-starter with excellent time management and problem solving skills
• Excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
• Demonstrate an understanding of leadership, programming and child/youth management skills.
• Strong communication and teamwork abilities
• Food Handlers Certificate
• First Aid/Level C CPR Certification (or willingness to obtain prior to the start of the contract)
• HIGH FIVE PHCD Certification (or willingness to obtain prior to the start of the contract)
• Willingness to obtain a Criminal Records Check upon employment offer
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, August 15, 2017. Use Job Code “ASPLS -17” in the subject line.
Job Status: part-time (September 2017 – June 2018)
Hours: 25 per week
Location: Please mention which location you are willing to apply in your cover letter
• East Scarborough Boys & Girls Club, 100 Galloway Road, Scarborough, ON, M1E 1W7
• William G Davis Jr. Public School, 128 East Ave, Scarborough, ON M1C 3L6
• West Rouge Junior Public School, 401 Friendship Ave, Scarborough, ON M1C 2X8
• Charlottetown Junior Public School, 85 Charlottetown Blvd, Scarborough, ON M1C 2C7
For a PDF of the job posting, please click here
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted; The East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applicants from all Human Rights protected groups. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.