Human Resources Administrator (Part-Time)
The Boys & Girls Club of East Scarborough is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual who is committed to the principles and practices of the Boys & Girls Club. We are currently recruiting for a highly-skilled and dynamic individual to join our team of multi-disciplinary staff with a real opportunity to make a difference in the community.
Reporting to: Executive Director & Manager, Finance & Administrative Services
The Human Resources Administrator is responsible for providing HR support in the areas of recruitment and on-boarding, employee training, employee communication, and employees files administration while ensuring Human Resources related legislation are adhered to. The incumbent will also assist in the development and implementation of HR related policies and procedures.
Major responsibilities of this role includes:
Recruitment and Selection
• Deliver full recruitment services including, front end needs analysis, job postings, sourcing, interviewing, reference check and employment offers.
• Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, and internet sites; attending job fairs and other related community events.
Staff training and development
• Provide training on agency policies and procedures
• Track and record all professional development/training workshops staff are enrolled in
• Provide an orientation session for all new staff
Human Resources Administration
• Compose employment letters for staff as requested
• Assist with the administration of performance reviews and progressive discipline
• Create and update various HR related forms, documents and contracts
• Develop and update all employment contracts and contract amendments
• Maintain personnel files for both full and part time staff; ensure staff personal information are updated
• Track HR related statistics for reporting purposes
• Assist in meeting AODA compliance
• Ensure timely submission for the order of service awards and retirement certificates
• Issue employment verification letters as required
• Ensure that the police reference check for all staff are up to date and valid
• Maintain all interview documents, application forms, and resumes
• Issue and track equipment and properties provided to staff (i.e. keys, laptops, cellphone, etc.)
• Actively participate on the following committees: Health & Safety, Policies and Procedures (Operations Manual), Staff Training.
• Focus on helping to resolve employee concerns
• Other HR and Administrative duties as they arise
Successful Candidate will have:
• Certificate or University degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 1 – 2 years of HR experience with strong knowledge of payroll practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of employment and workplace legislation such as Human Rights, Health and Safety, AODA, ESA
• Strong computer skills, with competency in using intermediate/advanced features of Microsoft Office
• Ability to deal with highly sensitive and personal information in a confidential manner.
• Ability to resolve conflicts and build consensus.
• Demonstrated ability to adjust to frequently changing work assignments in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to deal with people diplomatically and professionally at all times.
• Effective problem solving abilities including decision-making, especially in absence of supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 21, 2017. Use Job Code “HRA-17” in the subject line.
Job Status: Part -Time, one-year contract with possibility of extension
Hours: 20 hrs. per week
Location: East Scarborough Boys & Girls Club, 100 Galloway Road, Scarborough, ON, M1E 1W7
For a PDF of the job posting, please click here
** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted; The East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applicants from all Human Rights protected groups. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.