Casual Staff – Ontario Early Years Centre
The Boys & Girls Club of East Scarborough is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual who is committed to the principles and practices of the Boys & Girls Club. We are currently recruiting for a highly skilled and dynamic individual to join our team of multi-disciplinary staff with a real opportunity to make a difference in the community.
Reporting to: Manager, Early Years Services
The Scarborough East Ontario Early Years Centre provides services for families and children birth to six years. Services include early learning and literacy programs, parenting workshops, as well as information and referrals to community services and programs. We are currently seeking supply staff to act as Program Facilitators and Program Assistants. Major responsibilities include:
• Preparation, delivery, and clean-up of various programs for children birth to six years and their parents/caregivers
• Interaction with children, parents, and caregivers
• Answering phones and other related administrative duties
• Providing information and referral
• Providing child care for children during parent workshops
• Assisting staff to deliver interactive and independent programs
Successful Candidates will have:
• Minimum of 1 – 2 yrs. experience working within an early years setting (Ontario Early Years, Family Support, Childcare etc.).
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Experience working with children birth to six years and families
• Fluent in both written and spoken English
• Second language an asset (Arabic, Tamil, Urdu)
• Post-secondary education related to young children, completed or in progress, an asset
• Commitment to anti-bias philosophy
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proficient in Microsoft application (e.g. Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook)
• Knowledge of the East Scarborough community and it’s diversity
• Current First Aid and CPR certification an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 31, 2017. Use Job Code “CS-2017” in the subject line.
Job Status: Casual position; One Year Contract
Location: East Scarborough Boys & Girls Club,
100 Galloway Road, Scarborough, ON, M1E 1W7
For a PDF of the job posting, please click here
** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE **
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applicants from all Human Rights protected groups. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.