Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
(Contract (Full – Time))
The Boys & Girls Club of East Scarborough is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual who is committed to the principles and practices of the Boys & Girls Club. We are currently recruiting for a highly-skilled and dynamic individual to join our team of multi-disciplinary staff with a real opportunity to make a difference in the community.
Reporting to: Manager, Licensed Childcare Services
As an Early Childhood Educator, the successful candidate will be responsible for following the E.L.E.C.T. framework to plan, develop and implement age appropriate and culturally diverse activities that support cognitive, emotional, physical and social development of children from 18 months to 12 years old. The RECE will work in collaboration with staff to ensure the successful implementation of daily program. The RECE will provide guidelines, reinforce appropriate behaviors, supervise and interact with children effectively. The RECE will be a dynamic, highly motivated individual who is committed to the principles and practices of the licensed childcare programs.
Successful Candidates will have:
• Registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
• Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act and Toronto Children’s Services AQI
• Demonstrate ability to plan and implement developmentally appropriate and bias-free hands-on activities for children of various ages
• Familiar with E.L.E.C.T. Framework and How Does Learning Happen?
• Proven ability to communicate in a professional manner with children, parents and staff
• Must be punctual, flexible, reliable, and committed to quality care
• Individuals who are enthusiastic, energetic with creative program planning skills.
• Experience maintaining accurate records and statistics
• Ability to creatively plan, facilitate and instruct participants in a specialty program
• Experience working with children in a group licensed child care program
• Experience working with children with special needs
• Current CPR/ Standard First Aid/Vulnerable Sector Screening
• HIGH FIVE training is an asset
• Applicant may be required to work at any of our licensed childcare locations
• Available to work any shift between 07:00 am to 06:30 pm according to childcare program needs
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by Friday, April 21, 2017. Use Job Code “RECE Contract – 017” in the subject line.
Job Status: Full – Time (1-year contract); No benefits
Hours: 37.5 per week
For a PDF of the job posting, please click here
** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted; The East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applicants from all Human Rights protected groups. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.