Food Services Facilitator Assistant (Casual Staff)
The Boys & Girls Club of East Scarborough is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual who is committed to the principles and practices of the Boys & Girls Club. We are currently recruiting for a highly skilled and dynamic individual to join our team of multi-disciplinary staff with a real opportunity to make a difference in the community.
Reporting to: Food Services Program Developer (Harvest Kitchen)
The successful individual will be called on from time to time to work at our Harvest Kitchen. The Candidate will assist the staff with all aspects of the kitchen, food preparation, cleaning and storage.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for assisting in the preparation of Harvest Kitchen meals
• Promote proper food handling, sanitation and cooking skills
• Responsible for the safe and sanitary operation of a quality kitchen
• Maintains confidential information shared by people working in the kitchen
• Reports any safety and security concerns to the FSPD
• Other duties as assigned
• Food Handlers Certificate is an asset
• Knowledge and familiarity with Canada’s Food Guide
• Sound knowledge of proper food handling, sanitation and cooking skills in all areas
• Individual may be required to lift heavy objects
• Current First Aid and CPR certificate an asset
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Job Status: Casual position
Hourly Rate: $13.17/hour
Effective Date: A.S.A.P
How to apply: Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by Thursday, April 6, 2017. Use Job Code “FSFA Casual – 017” in the subject line.
For a PDF of the job posting, please click here
** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE **
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted; The East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applicants from all Human Rights protected groups. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.