Program Facilitator (Ontario Early Years Centre)
The Boys & Girls Club of East Scarborough is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual who is committed to the principles and practices of the Boys & Girls Club.We are currently recruiting for a highly skilled and dynamic individual to join our team of multi-disciplinary staff with a real opportunity to make a difference in the community.
Reporting to: Manager, Early Years Services
The program facilitator works as a member of the Early Years team to plan and implement high quality learning activities for parents/caregivers and their children ages birth to 6 years. This includes program planning of drop-in, partly registered and registered programs, set-up and facilitation of planned activities. As well as meeting with staff to address any gaps or barriers in the programs. In addition, program facilitators offer programs in the community (e.g. Toronto Public Libraries) and takes this opportunity to maintain communication with partner agencies and carry out outreach duties by distributing flyers and site calendars.
Successful Candidates will have:
• Early Childhood Educator diploma or equivalent, or in the process of obtaining
• Minimum of 1 – 2 yrs. experience working within an early years setting (Ontario Early Years, Family Support, Childcare etc.).
• Experience working with children and families
• Proficient in Microsoft application (e.g. Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook)
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and evaluate effective delivery of program and services
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively with limited supervision
• Must possess strong communication skills (both written and oral),
• Ability to work flexible hours with occasional weekends
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Current First Aid and CPR certification
• Worker Health and Safety Awareness; High Five Certification (an asset)
• Food Handling Certificate ( an asset)
• a valid F- Class (an asset)
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by Friday, January 27, 2017. Use Job Code “PF-2017” in the subject line.
Job Status: Contract Part-Time (1 Year)
Hours: 27 hours per week
Location: East Scarborough Boys & Girls Club,
100 Galloway Road, Scarborough, ON, M1E 1W7
For a PDF of the job posting, please click here
** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE **
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applicants from all Human Rights protected groups. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.